The coronavirus has a large impact on the world. Especially in these times it shows how important your work and the work of your colleagues is. Together we keep the economy going and provide our community with food and materials. And we are proud of that. Thank you for your efforts!
We want to keep you updated on the measures that are being taken, because only together we can get the coronavirus under control. Keep an eye on your e-mail, and follow the guidelines of your client and Workstead carefully. We trust that you take the advice seriously and that you try to prevent spreading the virus as much as possible. You can trust that we do the same.
We want to repeat once more the known advices, to prevent spreading the virus as much as possible. In any case, take the following measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap, for at least twenty seconds.
- When sneezing or coughing, do so in your elbow.
- Do not shake hands.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters from others.
- Stay home as much as possible and avoid social contact.
Do you work less hours than normally as a consequence of the coronavirus, and you are worried about your income or the future? Then contact a jobcoach. We want to see what we can do for you. We can for instance see if it’s possible that you work at another client who has more work.
The safety of our employees is our priority. We count on your efforts and hope that with these measures we can prevent spreading the virus.
Latest update: 29-05-2020
The measures that currently apply in the Netherlands are:
- You can go outside to meet other people. If you do, you have to keep 1,5 meters distance. Avoid busy places and large groups of people.
- You can receive guests at home. Please keep 1,5 meters distance.
- If you cough and/or have a cold, stay home and contact Workstead.
- From June 1th it’s obligated to wear a face mask in public transport. In the bus, metro, tram and train you need to wear a face mask. You will be fined if you don’t wear any.
- From June 1th 12am restaurant and bars are open. It’s obligated to reserve a seat and to sit at a table.
- From June 1th cinemas, theaters and concert halls are open. At this places it’s also obligated to reserve a seat.
What should I do if I have complaints that fit the coronavirus?
Do you suffer one or more of the complaints below?
- Have a cold
- A sore throat
- A fever (above 38 degrees)
- Tightness of the chest or shortness of breath
Report your complaints to us immediately and contact your jobcoach to discuss the situation. In consultation with your client we will advise you to stay home and get better. Stay away from people as much as possible and do not go outside. Ask your housemates to get groceries for you. When you have no complaints for 24 hours, contact your jobcoach to discuss when you can go back to work.
Only call the doctor if your sickness gets worse or you need medical help, for example when you have high fever or have trouble breathing. Do not go to the doctor or the hospital, but call the doctor.
A chauffeur from Workstead brings me to work. How will this go now?
In case a chauffeur from Workstead normally brings you to work, this will go slightly different now. People from other houses will not be picked up anymore. You are in the bus with a maximum of 2 housemates. If you show complaints that fit the coronavirus, our chauffeur can refuse to transport you. This way we try to prevent the spread of the virus to different houses.
What measures should I take in my house?
We want to ask you to keep your house clean, together with your housemates. This will limit the chances of the virus spreading.
- Wash your hands with water and soap multiple times a day.
- Clean the objects that are touched often, such as the door handle, the water tap and the dinner table, extra well and more often.
What happens if I am infected, or one of my housemates is infected with the coronavirus?
The better you and your housemates stick to the measures, the smaller the chances that one of you gets infected. Do you suffer from a cold, a sore throat, coughing, fever and/or difficulty breathing? Stay away from your housemates as much as possible and contact a jobcoach to discuss this. Together we decide what is best to do.
Are the symptoms so intense that you are likely to carry the virus with you? Then we have the possibility to put you in quarantine in another house.
- Do you suffer from a cold, have a sore throat, a fever, and/or difficulty breathing?
- Avoid contact with your housemates.
- Contact a jobcoach from Workstead.
- Together we discuss what is best to do.